THANK YOU to our sponsor HOTWORX, Sioux City!
Watch out world, Nicole is coming and nothing’s gonna stop her, not even a genetic disorder. In this episode I sit down with Nicole Cleveland, Founder of the Butterfly Chronicles which is a blog that bring stories of hope, motivation and encouragement to parents of and girls with Turner Syndrome. Together we talk about her journey with Turner Syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that only affects girls. Having a disability is challenging for anyone, but for Nicole, she defeated every odd, and proved everyone wrong. She even has a book to share her journey of challenge and successes.
I invite you to listen to her story of not just living with Turner Syndrome.
In this episode, we discuss…
- [4:30] how Turner Syndrome impacted her as a young child and teenager.
- [10:30] her parents role in helping stay positive
- [12:18] the story of how her peers found out when she was 16.
- [15:41] navigating when it was time to share her story, her mom encouraged her.
- [19:00] how she ran and won for City Council and at that time was the youngest female on council.
- [21:30] how she overcame roadblocks of self-doubt.
- [27:00] her proudest achievement is her book.
- [31:37] if you have an idea just go for it, you’ll figure out the logistics along the way
- [33:25] what’s next – book #2!
Top book recommendations:
1] Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
2] The Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams
3] Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen